Download and print the Managers’ Training programme sheet for distribution.
Contact Sue Nolan to inquire about workshop schedules or to register, or phone 021 877-606
Advanced Training: Managers / Supervisors
Attendance up to 25 participants / Workshops 4 hours
1. Drugs & Alcohol in New Zealand
- Alcohol misuse & abuse
- Defining standard drink
- Beer, wine, spirits, pre-mixes
- Drugs available
- Illicit, restricted, synthetics, party drugs
- Medications (prescription & non-prescribed)
- Recent trends in alcohol & drug abuse
- What should be tested for?
2. Effects of Substance Abuse on the Mind & Body
- Drug categories & effects
- Anabolic Steroids
- Metabolising alcohol
- How much & how fast?
- Adverse effects on
- Personal lives
- Workplace safety
- Use / Misuse / Abuse / Addiction
5. The Drug & Alcohol Testing Process
- Alcohol testing with breathalysers
- Urine drug testing: AS/NZS 4308:2008, or
- Oral fluid drug testing: AS/NZS 4760: 2019
- Informed consent
- Collecting specimens: NZQA qualified collectors
- Screening: NZQA qualifications or laboratory
- Confirmation: accredited laboratory
- Expanded panel testing: Accredited lab
- Cut-off concentrations for each drug
- Diluents, adulterants, tampering, substitution
- Interpretations & retesting options
- Detection periods after drug or alcohol use
- 3. Workplace Drug & Alcohol Policy & Procedures
- Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Programme
- Policies & procedures
- Training for managers & staff
- Testing to international standards
- Managing the Company’s Policy / Procedures
- Managers’ roles & responsibilities
- When can testing be requested?
- What substances are tested for?
- What if an employee refuses?
- What if an employee tests positive?
- What are the rehabilitation options / processes?