Download and print the Staff Training programme sheet for distribution.
Contact Sue Nolan to inquire about workshop schedules or to register, or phone 021 877-606
General Training: All Staff
Unrestricted Attendance / Workshops 1.5 hours
1. Drugs & Alcohol in New Zealand
- Alcohol misuse & abuse
- Defining a standard drink
- Beer, wine, spirits, pre-mixes
- Drugs available
- Illicit, restricted, synthetics, Party drugs
- Medications (prescription & non-prescribed)
- Recent trends in alcohol & drug abuse
2. Effects of Substance Abuse on the Mind & Body
- Drug categories & effects
- Anabolic Steroids
- Metabolising alcohol
- How much, how fast?
- Adverse effects on
- Personal lives
- Workplace safety
- Use / Misuse / Abuse / Addiction
3. Workplace Drug & Alcohol Policy & Procedures
- Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Programme
- Policies & procedures
- Training for managers & staff
- Testing to international standards
- When can you be tested?
- What substances are tested for?
- What if you refuse?
- What if you test positive?
- How can you access rehabilitation?
4. The Drug & Alcohol Testing Process
- Breathalyser Testing for Alcohol
- Urine drug testing to AS / NZS 4308:2008, or
- Oral fluid drug testing: AS/NZS 4760:2019
- Informed consent
- Collecting specimens: NZQA qualified collectors
- Screening: NZQA qualifications or laboratory
- Confirmation: accredited laboratory
- Expanded panel testing: accredited lab
- Cut-off concentrations for each drug
- Diluents, adulterants, tampering, substitution
- Options for retest
- Detection periods following drug & alcohol use